Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, stuffed whole cabbage. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stuffed whole cabbage is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Stuffed whole cabbage is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Rach takes stuffed cabbage to a level that'll blow your mind! For more follow the hashtag #RachaelRayShow. This twist on cabbage rolls might sound like a lot of work but is quite easy and makes for a great presentation. Photo: Luca Trovato Don't let any of your cabbage go to waste.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook stuffed whole cabbage using 16 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed whole cabbage:
- Take 1 medium green cabbage
- Make ready 300 g minced meat (whatever meat you prefer, beef, lamb, turkey, chicken, sausages)
- Prepare 1/2 cup cooked rice
- Make ready 1 onion, chopped or grated
- Make ready 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- Prepare 1/2 cup mixed herbs: mint, dill, parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- Get cumin, turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper
- Prepare Olive oil or any vegetable oil
- Make ready cheesecloth
- Make ready Ingredients for tomato sauce
- Get 300 g canned tomatoes
- Take 1 onion, finely chopped
- Take 3 tbsp white sugar
- Take 2 tbsp vinegar
- Get 1 1/2 cup water
- Take Oil
Whole Stuffed Cabbage. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Stuffed Whole Cabbage recipe: Try this Stuffed Whole Cabbage recipe, or contribute your own. Cove opening in cabbage with reserved cabbage leaves. Fill cabbage shell with beef mixture.
Instructions to make Stuffed whole cabbage:
- First of all we prepare tomato sauce. Heat the oil in a pan and saute chopped onion for until soft. Add the tomatoes, sugar, vinegar.
- Add water and Cook for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Bring salted water to a boil, and submerge whole cabbage for 6-7 minutes. Then peel the leaves.
- In a bowl, add minced meat, cooked rice, grated onion, chopped bell pepper and fresh herbs. Season with spices.
- Use your hand and mix all ingredients together.
- Now, we need a large bowl lined with cheese cloth to hold whole cabbage together when once you layered to set. - What we do for the first layer is: put one large leave at the bottom of the bowl, then arrange largest cabbage leaves, overlapping (as you see in the photos) so they line the bowl.
- Now, put 1/3 of meat mixture at the bottom of the bowl and spread the meat evenly..
- Then, put couple of cabbage leaves top of stuffing to separate the layers. Make sure that the leaves completely cover the stuffing and sides of the the bowl.
- Again, put some more meat mixture over the new layer of leaves and spread it. Use your hand or a spoon and press the meat down and continue the layering process until meat mixture is used up.
- Finally cover the stuffing with some blanched leaves and tucking all of leaves down the sides of the bowl, as you see in the photos.
- Gather ends of cheesecloth together, twist the cloth and squeeze it tightly.
- Take the whole stuffed cabbage and drop it into the tomato sauce. Cover the pot with a lid and allow to cook for 1 hour over medium heat.
- You may cook the stuffed cabbage in the oven. In this case, after wrapping the cabbage with cheese cloth, cover it with foil and pop it into the oven at 175C degree and cook it for about 2 hours.Take stuffed whole cabbage out of the pot and place it in a serving plate.
- Let it cool a little bit and remove the cheese cloth. Cut the stuffed cabbage into the pieces and serve it with mixture of yogurt+ garlic or with tomato sauce or mustard sauce.
Cove opening in cabbage with reserved cabbage leaves. Fill cabbage shell with beef mixture. Cover opening with reserved cabbage leaves; tie with clean string. Stuffed Whole Cabbage is one main dish that is particularly enjoyed. A complete meal in itself, this is a good option to prepare.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food stuffed whole cabbage recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!